#1 August 1st, 2016 10:32 am

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

Stranger Things Thread [SPOILERS]

To be discussed.

"At least I'm not Maya's first husband!"  (ಠ_ಠ)

#2 August 1st, 2016 11:23 am

Angel
this is my favorite avatar

Re: Stranger Things Thread [SPOILERS]

how bout dem waffles

Edler wrote: PUMP UP THE TITS UNF UNF
marisa is a fag kiss kiss

#3 August 1st, 2016 11:32 am

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

Favorite characters:

- Dustin - The chubby kid (I can relate)
- Chief Hopper - Just a badass. Felt like he had sort of a redemptive arc though he may have always been a pretty good cop.
- Nancy - Yesss own that sexuality. And then also become a badass.
- Eleven - Super powers, obvs.
- Steve - Oh man I kinda like Steve they undermined his jock / cool kid jerk status fairly well, he reminded me of Andrew Garfield + Ben Schwartz (akak Jean Ralphio)

#4 August 1st, 2016 11:32 am

Angel

Okay here's a bullet list of things I remember liking

* Portrayal of kids not being useless
* Winona Ryder's crazy/notcrazy mom performance
* Subverting tropes left and right. Small thing, but this was really punctuated by Nancy ending up with Steve "Jean Ralphio" Lastname instead of Columbine Byers in the end.
* Sheriff Max Payne
* El dressed as Paula
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/earthbound/images/9/9a/Paula_clay.png

#5 August 1st, 2016 11:41 am

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

Yeah they did a really good job with the kids. If they are seriously doing season 2 (all accounts are they will be with the same cast and some new people), they need to hurry before they age much.

For me Winona was just okay. Maybe its that I don't like that weird voice of hers (she has something akin to an accent or slur or something?), but shes mostly just acting like someone who everyone else thinks is crazy and kinda crying? I don't think her crying game was all that good. I dunno. Just not my favorite adult in the show.

Was really glad when El merked all those agents, and I hope that monster really did get Matthew Modine.

I think season 2 might be a disservice, but there are some questions I'd like answers to. I'd like to know what happens to the facility.

Any theories? I have one: The Upside-Down is not so much an alternate reality as it is a time warp (bad future). Like, that shit spreads through the town and corrupts it over time and everyone dies pretty much. Though I have no theory on its origins, except that El would have accidentally introduced this threat from some third reality/place.

#6 August 1st, 2016 11:49 am

Angel

I genuinely don't know what I want out of season 2. I'd like some answers but I'm also scared of them being dissatisfying. Anthology style would be fucking sweet.

I don't find Winona Ryder to be particularly versatile, but I think she was well cast for this. She managed to constantly have this crazy edge while managing to stay reasonably grounded.

Kind of doubt Modine got an off-camera death. Even if it does go anthology, I could see him being a common thread between the two series.

Yeah, I don't know what to think of the upside-down. I'd like to buy the provided "universe with infinite possibilities" explanation, but if that was just same place, different course of events, why would any of the things from the "real world" exist? The fort? The pool? The Byers residence?

#7 August 1st, 2016 11:55 am

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

I would like anthology myself but I don't think thats going to be the case from what I've read online.

The thing I'm most curious about is what happened with the agents when Cooper got in the car. Like what arrangement does he have with them. I thought he was going to end up dead (at some point) for sure.

#8 August 1st, 2016 03:13 pm

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

Some favorite soundtrack stuff (synth stuff for the win):

and, obviously

#9 August 1st, 2016 09:46 pm

Jon Poulin
CATHY'S FIRST HUSBAND

Oh and also really glad that Barb was dead dead. If she had been found alive it would've felt like a cop out. There needs to be stakes, the monster has to kill people we (sorta) care about.

#10 August 5th, 2016 11:11 pm

Angel

Jon Poulin wrote:

Oh and also really glad that Barb was dead dead. If she had been found alive it would've felt like a cop out. There needs to be stakes, the monster has to kill people we (sorta) care about.

Yeah def agree with this

Transvestite Jesus poops on stage

Transvestite Jesus poops on stage

Board footer